May 5, 2014: CANDLE presents at the Pediatric Academic Society in Vancouver, Canada
- Ms. Shanda Vareen and Dr. Kecia Carroll: Association between Maternal Prenatal Vitamin D levels and Early Childhood Wheeze
- Dr. Frederick Palmer: Maternal Adverse Life Events and Child Growth from Birth to 4 Years
- Dr. Toni Whitaker: Maternal Plasma Folate Levels in Pregnancy and Early Child Cognitive and Language Development
March 19 - 24, 2014: CANDLE hosts the Norfleet Forum focusing on Early Brain Development and Function: Impact on Social and Health Outcomes
• Clancy Blair, PhD, New York University
• Nathan Fox, PhD, University of Maryland
• Ariel Kalil, PhD, University of Chicago
• Alison Miller, PhD, University of Michigan
• Kimberly Noble, MD, PhD, Columbia University
CANDLE 2 year visit is completed! Another milestone has been reached thanks to the dedication of our CANDLE moms and staff. We couldn't do it without them.
September 26, 2013: CANDLE travels to Amsterdam to present at the Society for Longitudinal and Life Courses Studies conference.
- Dr. Frederick Palmer: In Utero Exposures and Disparities in Health Indices in Urban Black and White Children. The CANDLE Study
- Dr. Sunny Anand: Hair Cortisol Levels in Early Childhood suggests HPA Axis Dysregulation
- Dr. Frances Tylavsky: Maternal Vitamin D Status during Pregnancy and Child Weight for Height at 1 to 4 Years
May 06, 2013: CANDLE presents at the Pediatric Academic Society in Washington, D.C.
- Dr. Frances Tylavsky: Community, Family and Individual Characteristics as Risks for SE Problems
- Dr. Sunny Anand: Maternal Traumatic Life Events but not Parenting Stress regulate Hair Cortisol Levels in Early Childhood
- Dr. Alicia Smith: The influence of Genetic and Epigenetic Patterns of Child Behavior
- Dr. Frederick Palmer: Correlates of Socioemotional and Neurocognitive Outcomes: Racial Disparities
March 22-24, 2013: CANDLE Presents at the UT-ORNL-KBRIN Bioinformatics Summit
Dr. Frances Tylavsky, CANDLE PI, presents information about what data is gathered at each visit.
Dr.'s Beni Mozhiu and Robert Williams discuss GeneNetwork, its capabilities, and how CANDLE data is made available.
(For more information on GeneNetwork, contact us at email@example.com or 901-448-3300)
March 21, 2013: 3rd Annual CANDLE Conference
Dr. Eszter Volgyi, PhD, presents results from her MEG, body composition, and physical activity study.
Presenters sit at the front of the auditorium for a discussion and Q & A session.
CANDLE completes their 1-year visit! Thank you to our CANDLE mothers and staff for the continued success of this study!
April 2012: First CANDLE Participant Newsletter
Check out our first CANDLE Participant Newsletter!
March 22, 2012: CANDLE's 2nd Annual Brain Awareness Week
Thank you to all who played a part in CANDLE's 2nd Annual Brain Awareness week.
January 2012: 4-week Home Visits Complete
Thank you to our CANDLE mother's and Research Assistants for reaching this exciting milestone! 1,263 home visits were completed.
December 2011: Last Baby Born
All CANDLE babies have been born! CANDLE has 1474 children available for follow-up
August 2011: 4-year Clinic Visits Up and Running
We have officially begun conducting 4-year Clinic Visits with our CANDLE families!
July 2011: Recruitment Complete
Congratulations to all CANDLE staff and CANDLE mothers! We have successfully recruited 1,503 pregnant women in Shelby County! Thank you to all that helped us reach this goal!